Whitehorse Flea Market Vendor Agreement
It is very important to understand what the Whitehorse Flea Market rules are. Any violations will be handled by the Flea Market Coordinator.
- All Vendors must pay their table rental and receive a receipt prior to setting up. Please note that the Whitehorse Flea Market does not give refunds. Vendors must reserve their space for the Saturday Market no later than Thursday 3:00 pm prior to the event. If the vendor is not onsite by 8:00 on the day of the market their table will be freed up for another vendor to rent and no refunds will be given.
- All Merchandise and signs must be kept within your own booth area.
- The Whitehorse Flea Market is not responsible for any liability arising out of negligent acts of Vendors or their employees/volunteers, or for any injuries by employees/volunteers of the Vendors.
- Vendors are responsible for their own insurance and security of their booth(s)/table(s) and Vendors are 100 % liable for loss, damage or stolen merchandise.
- Ammunition, fireworks, guns, explosive materials, dangerous or poisonous substances and all hazardous and offensive items including pornography are banned from the market. Drugs and drug paraphernalia, alcoholic beverages, illegal or stolen items and/or counterfeit items are strictly prohibited from the Market. Violators will be expelled immediately and management will fully cooperate with the authorities in prosecution. Any Vendor or customer caught stealing will be turned over to police and will be banned from the Market.
- Set-up is Saturday (7:00 am to 8:30 am). Should you require additional time to set-up, please contact the Flea Market Coordinator. After unloading and setting up your booth, all Vendors are required to park down below in the Bethany Church parking lot on the far side (if parking is easy for your customers you will have more customers and sell more). After unloading, immediately park your vehicle in the Bethany parking lot so other Vendors have the opportunity to unload. Please do not leave you vehicle in the ChangingGear parking lot while you finish your set-up. ALL vehicles must be removed down below to the Bethany parking lot. No vehicles will be allowed back up onto the ChangingGear site until the end of the Flea Market (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm).
- Subleasing of space by Vendors is strictly prohibited. Management reserves the right to lease space to vendors. Any Vendors contravening this rule are subject to immediate removal from the Market. This agreement is not transferable or assignable.
- The number of people, be it family members, friends or employees accompanying the Vendors should be kept to a minimum due to the limited amount of space within the table section. Children that are brought to the Market for the day, by the Vendors will be the sole responsibility of that Vendor.
- Any Vendor within the Market area that causes a disagreement, utters threats or verbally abuses any other Vendor or customer within the Market/ChangingGear site, will be asked to leave the Market immediately. Failing to do so, the Vendor will have his/her goods stored and management will assess storage charge.
- Any Vendor vacating or leaving the Market must have all goods removed by Saturday at 5:00 pm. If not removed by end of day Saturday, the goods will be removed and stored by management. The Vendor will have to pay storage charges ($50) on said goods. If the Owner/Vendor does not claim his/her goods within 7 days, management will take steps to dispose of the said merchandise and considered appropriated. Any structures erected or debris left behind by Vendors during their stay in the Market is also subject to removal by end of day Saturday.
- NO pets of any kind or animals are allowed in the Market except for Service Animals – there will be a leash area available for customers near the entrance.
- It is mandatory for a Vendor to stay open during operating hours. Operating hours are Saturday from 9 am to 3 pm.
- The Market is open from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm every listed Saturday – Vendor setup is from 7:00 am to 8:30 am and all vehicles must have left the setup area by that time.
- Vendors should note that the product(s) that are listed on their application form to sell in the Market are the only product(s) you can sell. In regards to food items, under NO circumstances can any Vendor sell any food items without approval of the management and the Yukon Health Board. Any inquiries about food items should be made to the Flea Market Coordinator.
- Management reserves the right to ask Vendors to vacate if in fact they fail to follow the Rules and Regulations set out above.
By participating in the Whitehorse Flea Market, the Vendor agrees to release, discharge, hold harmless and forever acquit ChangingGear and their officers, agents, representatives and employees from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, or any liabilities whatsoever, known or unknown, now existing or which may arise in the future, on account of or in any way related to, or arising out of, participation in the market, including but not restricted to any loss, damage, injury or expense. Further, the vendor assumes all liabilities for his/her employee(s), helper(s), or any accompanying non-participant(s)
Note: These Rules and Regulations listed above are so that everyone is treated fairly and we keep a safe and organized Flea Market. These Rules and Regulation are viewed in the best interest of the Vendors, the customers and the Whitehorse Flea Market.